SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Apply insulating materials to pipes or ductwork, or other mechanical systems in order to help control and maintain temperature. Reports To: Field Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Apply, remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
• Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
• Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
• Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use.
• Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with covers of metallic or nonmetallic, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
• Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
• Review blueprints or specifications to determine work requirements.
• Follow all safety procedures and practices.
• Load and unload materials.
• Cleanup and trash removal
• Communicate to office daily for work assignments and scheduling
• Willingness to work all hours and shifts.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Self-Motivated – Working alone and unsupervised/self-motivated
Problem Solving – Identifies and communicates to Supervisor problems in a timely manner.
Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Responds well to questions; Resolves and/or escalates issues to Supervisor in a timely fashion.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action within Safety guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Customer Service – Handles difficult or emotional customer situations; Reports promptly to Field Supervisor any customer requests or changes. Meets commitments assigned.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School Education
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Effective written communication skills
Working knowledge in using personal smart phone and computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk, stand and reach. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25-50 pounds.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities required of employees assigned to this position.
APPLY ONLINE or UPLOAD RESUME